The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I hate to admit it...

There comes a time in every relationship where, regardless of affection or history, it just seems over. That time seems to have come to some of my favorite TV shows.

The Simpsons- It's a heavy heart that has to admit this about what is easily my favorite show of all time. It has been in a downward slide for quite a while, but there was still the occasional brilliant episode among the increasingly mediocre ones. Such treats are starting to become rarer as the premises get stretched tighter than a snare drum. I mean, Grandpa marrying Selma? Cracker please! But it will have to be put to sleep because I still can't stop watching, it's still MUCH better than War at Home! Those who say I can just turn it off don't know me very well. Incidentally , I will probably see the movie.

Family Guy-I am all for vulgar comedy as long as it's funny, and most of the recent episodes have fewer laughs and more "that's going too far" moments. South Park still has plenty of both in proper balance which still makes it watchable. South Park had a couple of episodes a little while ago where the boys discovered that FG's brand of non-sequitur humor was the result of Manatees lobbing around balls with ideas written on them, and lately that's been hard to disagree with. I made the mistake of watching the one last Sunday where Lois sleeps with Bill Clinton and to make things even Peter sleeps with her mother, (or was suppose to, I turned the channel) with my Mom, she'd occasionally shoot me a look like, "Is that suppose to be funny?" It was.

Adult Swim- This break-up is more like the one were it happens to be the person your dating when you move away and you don't want to keep it going. Everyplace I'm going to live in exile won't have the Cartoon Network, but most of the shows that justified so many of my bleary-eyed mornings are either gone or way past their prime (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, anyone? No, I probably won't see that movie). The new stuff (Morel Orel, Squidbillies) is unwatchable. I do like Frisky Dingo and the Venture Brothers, but I can wait until the DVDs come out

That is the great thing, the old DVDs will still always be awesome.

No comments: