The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Ways Men can call themselves "Asshole"

To get the concept straight: these are things that men can identify themselves with to actually call themselves "asshole" to me. They can be called these things by other people and they CAN use it to identify themselves as long as the appropriate amount of irony and eye-rolling are employed.

auteur- it reeks of pretension, the best part of living in Iowa is the lack of that.

Renaissance Man-No one even knows what that really means:jack of many trades, master of none

Bon Vivant- I grant a one-person only exemption to Kinky Friedman.

Stud- This is something no mind minds being called, ironic or not. But call yourself one, and you've reached creepiness on a lecherous gym teacher levels. It's almost like a magic spell that instantly grows a mustache on your face and makes you sweat baby oil. FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T DO IT!!

Feminist- Remember, it's when men identify themselves as such. Henry Rollins said it best, "Old people have no idea what it's like being young and men have no idea what it's like to be a woman." It's one of those things that seems good on paper, but every man that I've never known that called themselves a "feminist" was completely full of shit, including myself.

Any astrological sign- unless, like I said, irony is properly engaged. Just remember, it's a slippery slope.

Intellectual- I am not anti-intellectual person, just a anti-someone-calling-themselves-an- intellectual one(otherwise known as the Lisa Simpson Syndrome, by me). During a conversation, a girl I worked with called someone she knew a "pseudo-intellectual". I told her all intellectuals are pseudo, they are just ignorant in a different way. There is a lot to be ignorant of in this world.

No comments: