The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Friday, July 06, 2007

I miss you.

I miss blogging, I really do. I apologize to the ones and ones of my readers that I have not posted recently. I think that even acknowledging the "darkness" of my blog makes me a unique blog person along with my penchant for fact-checking and critically rereading my post to make sure they're worth posting. I have been writing posts too, a lot of them, I'll try to post something every day this week, they just weren't ready to post.
I actually have been writing for the book, I'm up to about 225 pages; I'm guessing I have about 50 more to go. But, the more pages I write, the more I remember I'll have to.
So here are some funny videos that I found at Videocracy on The Onion.



1.Herve Villechaize sings! This clip generates a unique kind of self-contained Schadenfreude where you feel both the shame and the joy yourself.



2.Another reason I glad I didn't grow up in this time, with video cameras everywhere and instantaneous world wide distribution. I would done something as navel-gazing and pointless, but not nearly as funny.



3. Another battle lost in the class war. I thought about the time Fox first aired The Simple Life, full scale class war would break out. The long ignored perception that 95 percent of the wealth in this country was controlled by 5 percent of the population coupled with the constant jackassery of the children of said 5 percent would cause us to rise from our microwave burritos and take part in "aggressive redistribution" of wealth.
But I was wrong. Paris Hilton (so famous for nothing, Paris Hilton doesn't just describe a person, but the kind of celebrity she represents) is as big as she's ever been.
And a girl calls her mom stupid for giving her a Lexus.

1 comment:

mighty said...

is #2 on acid?

what is going on?