The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Believe it or don't, this is absolutely true!

Scene: yesterday at my toy store.

A customer calls, she had bought 3 flashing heart necklaces and two of them didn't work and wanted her money back for the defective ones. Ok, no problem, bring them in and we'll take care of it. Well, as it turns out, she had thrown them out, but she felt she should still get her money back.

Sorry, as much as return policies vary from the common boutique policy of all sales final to Nordstrom's famous (and dumb) "take everything back" policy the one constant that remains it that if you return something, you have to return SOMETHING.
"Well, I was told they would work," she argued. As I store, we only try to sell things that work. The only necklace that we had had returned defective worked fine after we put the batteries in (really).
"I spend a lot of money there!" This is used as a excuse for a lot at my store, but it's not a spell that magically makes two trashed necklaces appear.
The funny thing is this has happened about 5 or 6 times since I've worked there. Another woman once protested, "I was told that if it didn't work for me I could get store credit for it."
I said, "You actually have to bring it in."
"She didn't tell me I had to do that."
And with that, another entry for the sad, growing list of "Things that should go without saying, but I still have to say."

No comments: