The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

4/20 Fake News: The Stoned Food Critic

I visited one of those new pizza joints downtown, I'm totally spacing on the name, D'anardo's or Dichico's something like that. They caught my attention during the hour of the Simpson's that channel 5 had at 11 with their commercials with a cartoon dude juggling pizzas that looks a lot like Mario from Donkey Kong. So if you see a Mario-lookin' dude on a commercial, that's the place I'm talking about.

Cheddar, the dude I checked D'whatever's with, said that it was a little dingy, but I wasn't paying attention to that atmosphere shit that he goes for. My nose - and grumbling tummy- kept my eye on the prize and I said, "Garcon, 4 of your finest kinds of pie!"(gotta love an expense account!) Those magnificent swarthy bastards totally hooked me UP! Ched and I dug in with the vengeance.

Man, they were AWESOME! Just, you know, Awesome. Just really awesome. Cheddar said shit like the Lotta Meata pie was too greasy, but I don't know what the fuck he's talking about, it's really fuckin' good! Cheddar always gets on me for not taking this food critic gig seriously, but what can I say? I'm like an umpire, I calls 'em like I sees 'um!

It wasn't all good though, the cheese fries sat in my stomach like a fuckin' rock; though going down they were AMAZING. Between that and the dudes working there making fun of me for suggesting they put gravy on said fries (nobody has taken that suggestion from me, yet), I'm docking them a half star. This means that D'blahblah's gets my lowest rating ever: 4 and a half stars out of 5.

No comments: