The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Friday, April 20, 2007

People to get high with (if such a thing was legal, of course)

This is my special 4/20 post. I do not condone the use of illegal drugs, this is written in a world where such a thing is legal and socially acceptable.

1. Willie Nelson- Jasmine, my friend Jay's fiance, and I have the same person on the top of our "Celebrities whe'd love to get high with"list. Great songwriter, a genuine character and the best kind of person to get high with: one with peerless "getting stoned" stories. He got high on the roof of the freakin' White House!

2. Jon Stewart and/or Stephen Colbert- Jon has more of a reputation as a "head" than Stephen(he had a telling cameo in "Half Baked", but who are we kidding: he, more than likely, also knows the green gospel.

3. Missy Elliott- She strikes me as a person that's creative AND motivated (that second part is rare!) when she's high. Many of her greatest songs were written under the influence, I believe.

4. Bill Maher- If he didn't talk about getting high so much, I wouldn't have picked him as a thunder lettuce entusiast. He's an asshole but a genuinely funny and insightful one. I would love to find out what he's like under the influence.

5. Snoop Dogg- Do I have to say why? However, with the amount and relative strength of his weed, I'd probably be passed out before you could say, "shizzle".

6. Sarah Silverman and Amy Sedaris- For the same reason, really. They are both funny and beautiful; not surprisingly, I've had low-grade crushes on them both.

7. Paul McCartney- HE'S A FUCKIN' BEATLE, FER CHRISTSAKES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm willing to bet stephen colbert is smarter than jon stewart.

he's definately funnier. check thier back catalogues.

-chrisk