The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Songs that use cowbell more kick ass than "Don't Fear The Reaper"

James Gang-Funk #49
The Supersuckers covered this at a show a few years ago and I sung out the cowbell break until a real one could be utilized.
Kiss-Watchin you
The cowbell freakout in the end of this song is PRICELESS!
Loverboy- Working for the Weekend
The cowbell count in totally outclasses and out rocks the rest of this song.
Mountain- Mississippi Queen
I had to use a cover version of this because it was the only one I could find that had good cowbell. This also features the classiest live song intro I've ever heard.
Full Grown-Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
I wish I could find an example of this, trust me; that cowbell kicks much ass. You know what the hell BLUES EXPLOSION!








No comments: