The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"God help me, I'll administer corporal punishment!"

The customers at the toy store were big "time out" people when it came to punishing their kids, but that doesn't mean no one spared getting hit. In my seven year tenure I remember exactly one parent spanking their child at the store; but kids, and I mean old enough to know better kids, used to hit their parents all the time.
It's easy for me to play off the antics of unruly kids because there were few things that I hadn't seen, but I never got used to kids giving their parent a full-on face slap, then still getting the kid what they want. There are a lot of things that not having kids gives me the luxury to predict, but if my child ever hits me: GAME OVER. I'm not saying I'd spank them, but I wouldn't let THEM know that I wouldn't. The Goddamn Lego stays on the shelf.
This story, sadly, didn't happen to me, but it did happen (My Lizzie-pie told this to me) :
In the store a child waiting in line with his mom announced to the other customers in that endearing candid way that children are prone to, "I caught mommy shaving her who-ha!"
As the mother tried to save face and explain to her child why you don't say thing like that, a woman in line announced, "If my kid said something like that, I'd knock his ass out !"
The embarassed mother said, "Well, we don't believe in corporal punishment."
The other woman said,"Oh yeah, I believe it. That kid's polite as shit!"

No comments: