The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fun facts about Delaware!

I grew up in "the First State", more specifically Sussex County. I've had some family drama as of late and it makes me think of the hate/tolerate relationship I've had with the place. More on that later.
I will say, flat out, if you've only been to northern Delaware, you have never had the "Your Pal Pete" Delaware experience.
Fun Facts about Delaware!

1. It's fuckin' flat- especially in Sussex County, if the Al Gore worst case scenario happens, most of it is gone. As much as may have wished it when I was younger, I certainly don't want that now.

2. Bob Marley worked at an auto plant in Newark for a while in the mid 60s.

3. The car crash that derailed rockabilly pioneer Carl Perkins' career in 1956 was just outside of Dover.

4. Sorry fellow fans of "The Simpsons" , there is no screen door factory of note in Delaware, but a lot of carpet is made there.

5. The first European settlers were killed by their political correctness- The Zwaanendael Colony was established by the Dutch in present-day Lewes in 1631. The settlers got super pissed when a native stole their coat of arms, but not much as they were when the native tribe presented the settlers with the thief's head. So, the thief's family and friends killed ALL the interloping clogmongers(I can say that, I'm a quarter dutch).

No comments: