The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

At Long Last: Barack!

When I endorsed Barack Obama a year and a half ago, I didn't think he had a chance, I just honestly respected the man and thought he would make a great president. After all of the (inevitable) mud-slinging, I still do. In the past week or so, I've seen him accused of suppressing votes, being a terrorist Muslim sleeper agent, a murderer and a closeted homosexual, and that's just by Clinton supporters(mind you, not by any credible member of the Clinton team).

He's not perfect, far from it and he's-gasp- had to play politics occasionally. The best metaphor I can think of is when I explain my preference for Apple Computers. I end up taking a lot of shit when some new Apple thing doesn't work right. I say,"I never said they where perfect, just that they're better." The "Barack is our savior" meme is not one that I or any other Obama supporter would subscribe to, it's just another attempt for the press to do our thinking for us.

Obama is just better.

(I apologize for not attributing and linking to the people I referred to, I've been sick. If you google "obama gay sex" or something, I'm sure it'll pop up.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I can see why his being a terrorist or a murderer might make him unworthy to be our next president. But why the hell should it matter if he really is a Muslim or a homosexual?

Of course in America today it does matter. It is still not true that any little American kid can grow up to be president. It seems that it may be true now for little girls and little multi-racial kids. But it sure ain't true for little Muslim kids or little kids that turn out to be gay. How long before these barriers are broken too?