The Nitty Gritty

But more than all of those I am an entertainer. I carry around a ukulele with me for the same reason a gangster carries a gun; better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Stage or sidewalk, Your Pal Pete shows are just where they happen.
Currently, I'm working on a musical, RagnaPOP(or she's got the bomb), set to premiere at this year's Capital Fringe Festival. I'm also working on music, comedy, and musical comedy; for kids and/or adults.
The fruit of these projects will be available on this site, so check back regularly!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

From Canada, with like.

For all the joking we do in the U.S. about Canada being laid back and bland, they do just as much joshing about it themselves. The canadian version of "Law and Order", called "Davinci's Inquest" is significantly less hard hitting. Stewart Margolin(who played Angel on the 'Rockford files") played a guy who stole the body of a guy who cheated him out of his life savings.
Stewart:"Well, they can't disperse his estate without his body, can they"
Davinci(the coroner):"They can actually"
Stewant:"I don't think so"
Davinci:"I know so, please just tell me where the body is."
Riveting stuff.
After cornering a tranny prostitute who had just admitted acidentally killing the person found dead at the beginning of the show, in self defense:
Tranny:"I'm sorry, am I in trouble now?"
Police:"No, just give a statement at the station."
Bonk,Bonk! Where's Sam Waterston when you need him?

No comments: